This is a Specialized Online Internationally Accredited recorded video lectures home-study distance learning 12 hours course for those with a background or training in Psychology or Counselling and others in the healthcare or therapy sector who wish to learn and upgrade their knowledge and skills in the new field of “Psychotraumatology”.
Psychotraumatology is the study of psychological trauma. Specifically, this discipline is involved with treating, preventing, and researching traumatic situations and people’s reactions to them. It particularly focuses on the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and acute stress disorder (ASD), but can be used to treat any adverse reactions a person may have after experiencing a traumatic event.
The course was designed, conducted and video recorded by Prof. Sir Romesh Jayasinghe who is a Counselling Psychologist and a Certified Clinical Trauma Specialist – Individual (USA) and a Certified Trauma Support Specialist (USA) with 16 years of clinical experience and can be easily completed in 4 to 6 weeks duration. There are only three separate assignments to be completed at home and submitted to the IMH for evaluation. Once a “pass” grade has been achieved for all three assignments a “Certificate in Psychotraumatology – Part 1” will be issued to the registered student.
The course syllabus covers the following topics:
- Introduction to Psychotraumatology, Understanding Trauma and its Impact, Types of Trauma, The Stress Response System, Trauma Responses and Triggers, Post-Trauma Pathways, Effects of Complex Trauma
- The Role of Evolution and the Neurobiology of Trauma (Trauma, the Brain and Hormones)
- Diagnosis of Acute Stress Disorder (ASD), Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Complex Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (CPTSD), Co-Occurring Disorders: Substance Abuse and Trauma
- Analysis and Discussion of Case Studies related to Trauma, ASD, PTSD and Complex PTSD
- Difference between Trauma Informed Services and Trauma Specific Services, Introduction to Trauma Informed Care (TIC) and Practice, Benefits, Core Values and Goals of TIC
- Introduction to Other Methods for the Assessment, Diagnosis and Treatment of Childhood Trauma, Complex Trauma, PSTD and CPTSD
The current 2023 all-inclusive course fee for new students is as follows:
For Non-IMH Students: Rs. 15,000/-
For Previous IMH Students: Rs. 10,000/- (Discounted course fee)
Course fees can be paid by cash, cheque, credit / debit card or via a bank transfer payment.
International Course Accreditation-1
This course is fully accredited by the Accredited Counsellors, Coaches, Psychotherapists and Hypnotherapists (ACCPH), UK
International Course Accreditation-2
This course is fully endorsed and accredited by the International Association of Therapists (IAOTH), Ireland
Course Registration / Enrollment
For course registration or further details please email us your request to enroll for this course by attaching your CV / Bio-data or including details of your academic or professional qualifications to: email@example.com