Business Success Coaching can take your business from where it is now to where you want it to be.
The term coach is derived from the Hungarian word “kocsi” meaning “carriage” named after the village where this mode of transportation was first made. Much later in the 1830s it was used as a slang word at Oxford University in England to mean an instructor or trainer who carried a student through an exam. The first use of the term in relation to sports came in 1861. Today, coaching is a widely used term to describe the process used to transport people from where they are to where they want to be.
Business Success Coaching is a process used to take a business from where it is now to where the business owner wants it to be. A business coach will assist and guide the business owner in growing their business by helping them clarify the vision of their business and how it fits in with their personal goals. Fitting the business vision in with the business owner’s personal goals is a step that is often missed by most business coaches, who often only focus on the business goals. In so doing, they are omitting the goals of the business owner altogether.
A great business owner seeks to understand why reaching business growth goals is important to them personally, and the impact it will have on their life. After all, the business owner ultimately determines the speed and passion in which the goal is met (if ever), and if it is not linked to the business owner’s personal dreams, goals and plans for themselves, there is no burning reason why getting to that business goal is critical.
After clarifying where a business owner would like to take their business, business coaching will help strategize and prioritize what goals and strategies are needed to help progress the business closer to its goal. A business coach will meet with the business owner regularly, either weekly or monthly, to keep them on track to the commitments made during the past coaching session.
A critical component of business coaching is accountability. You will never see a football coach run laps of the field for their team. The very same fact is true of a business coach. A business coach is not a consultant. They will not do the work for you in your business. They are there to keep you focused on the end result and remind you why it is important. They will motivate you to keep your commitments. They will act as a sounding board and when needed hold a mirror in front of you, highlighting your business and personal blind spots.
7 Reasons why all Business Owners should consider Business Success Coaching:
- Because you are already good and recognise that it’s going to take that bit extra to become Outstanding! – In the same way that top sportsmen and women will always seek out the top coaches in their field, you too need a Business Success Coach. We will hold you accountable, demand results, push you, cajole you and also be there to congratulate you on a job well done!
- You feel that you are married to your business and that it demands working all hours – If you are ready to start taking control of the hours that you contribute to the business and get better results then you should consider Business Coaching.
- Your business does not generate enough profit to justify your efforts – If you want to continue doing what you have always done it should come as no surprise that you will get the same results. Our Coaches will challenge this and get you focused on taking actions that grow profits and allow you to work on driving your business forward. It will involve change, so you need to be open to this for it to be successful. The results could literally be to increase your revenues and profits within months of starting the programme.
- You believe that the business will suffer if you are not there all the time; taking a holiday is out of the question – Unless your business can run without your being there every day, then it might come as a shock to some to learn that you are, in reality, an employee of the business not a REAL Business Owner. Your Coach will help you to put in the business processes and to develop your management team so that the business will thrive whether or not you feel like going to work today. Long holidays and time spent improving your golf handicap all, suddenly, become a reality. Life is short. Why are you in the business at all?
- You have fallen out of love with your business – Do you sometimes think life would be simpler without all the hassle? Your Business Success Coach will reignite your passions and help you redevelop your visions and goals for the Business.
- You have a lot of business experience, however you haven’t really invested in yourself in years – You may send your staff on training courses but your own requirements have moved beyond generic training. As a result, you have neglected yourself. Investing in Business Success Coaching is not a personal indulgence. Your Coach will work with you to improve specific aspects of your own performance and provide one-to-one support and motivation to achieve and build upon the improvements. The relationship between you and your Business Success Coach ensures swift and maximum impact on yours and the businesses performance providing a measurable ROI.
- You have lost sight of where the business is going and why – As an “outsider” your Coach can see the wood from the trees. We are not blinded by industry preconceptions or your businesses previous way of doing things – “we’ve always done it this way” does not cut the mustard with us! We will ask you the difficult questions you have been avoiding and challenge you to take action.
4 things Business Success Coaching is not…
Business Coaching often gets confused with other better know interventions, namely:
- Life Coaching
Business SUCCESS Coaching is NOT…
Training provides off the shelf information on what you need to do or how you need to do something and stops there
Consultancy brings in expertise, normally for a specific project or to identify a specific problem and then ideally goes in to fix it. At the end of this process the consultant leaves. Any accumulated knowledge or insights go with them.
Counselling looks back in time to address specific personal problems by providing an opportunity to lend voice to and explore concerns and issues
4. LIFE COACHING
Life Coaching focuses on the clients personal goals and aspirations and does not cover Business processes or Business growth
Business Success Coaching is unique to all of the above. It is almost impossible to capture what it is in a sound bite, however, here is our best attempt:
BUSINESS SUCCESS COACHING IS…
- Business Success Coaching is a bespoke one to one programme aimed specifically at accelerating the success of the individual (and business) engaging in the process.
- Your Coach supports you and encourages you to deliver higher performance. Getting you to FOCUS on what is fundamental and most importantly, take consistent ACTION towards your goals
- Business Success Coaching drives you to achieve more in less time and supports you to grow your business and simultaneously improve your overall life
- Tools, Knowledge and Skills are developed by the business owner so that he/she can implement them in the business (and in his/her life) for his immediate and long term success.