FAST-TRACK YOUNG SCIENTISTS UNIVERSITY (YSU-USA) Associate of Arts (A.A.) DEGREE IN PSYCHOLOGY and FINAL YEAR TOP-UP Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) Degree in Psychology from The Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University (C.S.J.M.) University, Kanpur, India.
We are delighted and excited to announce the launch of a fast-track Associate of Arts (A.A.) Degree program in Psychology from Young Scientists University (YSU), USA, leading to the final year top-up Degree award of the B.A. in Psychology from The Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj (C.S.J.M.) University in Kanpur, India. CSJM University is a State University that was established in 1966 and is a U.G.C. India and U.G.C. Sri Lanka approved and recognized University as well. You can visit the C.S.J.M. University in Kanpur, India website by clicking this link:
The final year top-up A.A. / B.A. Degree subjects are as follows:
The three compulsory modules to be completed for the award of the Associate of Arts (A.A.) Degree are as follows:
1. Health Psychology (8 Credits) 40 Hours
2. Clinical Psychology (8 Credits) 40 Hours
3. Counselling Theory and Practice 2 (8 Credits) 40 Hours
The duration for the above three modules is 4 months.
The five final year top-up B.A. Degree compulsory modules are as follows:
4. Psychological Research Methods (8 Credits) 40 Hours
5. Psychopathology (8 Credits) 40 Hours
6. Individual Differences and Assessment (6 Credits) 30 Hours
7. Interventions for Addictive Behaviors (6 Credits) 30 Hours
8. Applied Behavioral Sciences Capstone (4 Credits) 20 Hours
The duration for the above five modules (modules 4 to 8) is 6 months.
Senior IMH students who have a degree in any field with the IMH Diploma in Psychology and Counselling and the IMH Diploma in Educational Psychology together with the IMH Diploma in Applied Psychology and who successfully complete the first 3 modules listed above will become eligible for the award of the YSU A.A. Degree in Psychology and on completing the remaining five modules the B.A. Degree in Psychology will be awarded by C.S.J.M. University, Kanpur, India. Entry for the YSU A.A. Degree is a recognized one year Diploma or Advanced Diploma or HND in Psychology. MBBS or MD Doctors can directly apply for the A.A. Degree with the IMH Diploma in Psychology and Counselling.
The Distinguished Lecture Panel for the YSU A.A. Degree and C.S.J.M. B.A. Degree in Psychology final year top-up program:
- Dr. Sir Romesh Jayasinghe, OLS, K.St.J., KStI, Ph.D.(Psy.), Dh.C.(USA), B.Sc.(USA), FRSPH(UK), Grad.Dip.Ed.(UK), MBCS(UK), FITBCCT(UK), M.Inst.Psy, H.I.Dip.(Compl. Therapies), Dip.(Adv. Counselling & Psychotherapy), Dip.Human Rights (SL), Dip.Edu.Psyc.(Ireland), Dip.B.A.(India)
- Dr. Kalharie Pitigala, Ph.D.(Uni. of Colombo) MBS (Uni. of Colombo), B.Sc.(Psy.) Adv.Dip.Coun.Psy.(SL), Dip.Edu.Psy.(SL), Dip.Psy.C.(SL), Cert.(Abnormal Psy.)
- Dr. Priyangi Puvanenthirarasa, MBBS(India), MITBCCT(UK), Dip.Psyc.C.(SL), Dip.CAP(SL), Cert.(Abnormal Psy.), Cert.(Social Psy.), Cert.(Cognitive Psy.)
- Ms. Lakmi Hettiaratchi, B.A.(Hons.), MITBCCT(UK), M.Sc. in Business Psychology (UK)
- Mr. Nisal Perera, Internationally Certified Addiction Professional and Certified Recovery Coach. Consultant to the Police Department on Drug and Alcohol Addiction, Consultant to the Ministry of Rehabilitation in Sri Lanka, Coordinator for the Presidential Drug Task Force, Sri Lanka. Consultant – Durdans Hospital, Negombo, and Ave Maria Hospital in Negombo, Sri Lanka.
IMH Course fees and YSU A.A. Degree and B.A. Degree University Fees Payable:
The course fee payable to IMH for the 4 months A.A. Degree modules are Rs.100,000/- payable in four easy monthly installments of Rs. 25,000/- by cash, card or cheque.
The course fee payable to IMH for the 6 months B.A. Degree modules are Rs.150,000/- payable in six easy monthly installments of Rs. 25,000/- by card, card or cheque.
In addition, the University registration and graduation fees payable directy to the YSU-USA for the A.A. Degree and to the the C.S.J.M. University, Kanpur, India, are separate and exclusive of the course fees payable to IMH.
2020 Class Commencement Dates:
The new batch for the 2019 A.A. Degree leading to the B.A. top-up Degree classes will commence on the second week of Janury 2020.
Please contact Ms. Vihangi Kaushika at the IMH reception office on 0112-506004 during office hours for the finalized schedule of the class days and times.